1.06.2009

Christmas

By Doug Mathewson
99 words


It still seems commonly held that God created man in his own image. Well, more likely we created him in ours.

Either way we lost touch, just grew apart. We both had such busy lives. We had different friends, didn't go to the same parties.

I still remember him though from when I was a kid. I hadn’t actually thought about him in just ages, but at Christmas his name came up.

Would we even recognize each other? I wonder if he ever thinks of me? Maybe next year I’ll be more organized and try to send a card.




Doug Mathewson continues his love/hate relationship with reality from his home in eastern Connecticut. He favors hats, and rarely turns down desert. His work most recently has appeared in The Boston Literary Magazine, Cezzane’s Carrot, Gloom Cupboard, Poor Mojo’s Almanac(k), Tuesday Shorts, and 55 Words. Sporadically he is grasped by fits and starts of inspiration, equally he can be swept away into infinite worlds of busy-signals, radio static, and elevator-music. To read more, comment, or just poke-around, please visit his current project, True Stories From Imaginary Lives, at www.little2say.org.

No comments: